News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

rumor has it

Started by choochoopapa, May 24, 2018, 12:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choochoopapa

I hope I am wrong, internet rumor is bachmann to drop on30 line. or maybe sell off the line.

ebtnut

With Lee Riley gone, I would not be shocked if that were the case. 

Hunt

Post the link(s) to the source of your info.

jkemp

I'm curious to see the source also.

Mostly, I'm curious if it is something actually new, or the same old stuff that has been floating around the last couple of years.

You're probably aware, Bachmann just released a new-to-us 0-6-0 and several new cars.  I always appreciate more, but I'm happy for what ever attention, and new product releases.

I'm not following the HOn3 world as closely as I used to, but its been some time since I've seen anything new from BlackStone.

Terry Toenges

So now we have a rumor started from another rumor. ;D
Feel like a Mogul.

jkemp

Quote from: Terry Toenges on May 24, 2018, 04:06:07 PM
So now we have a rumor started from another rumor. ;D

Hello Terry,

Not sure if this was pointed at my comment or not.

It wasn't my intent to start a Blackstone rumor.  My only intent was to state that Bachmann has, at least recently, been taking better care of us than Blackstone has been taking care of the HOn3 community, and for that I was thankful.

Nothing else is implied, or meant to be "read between the lines".  Just stating that I was happy that Bachmann has pushed a few new products out the door for us to purchase.

Back to the OP, I would still be interested in seeing the source of this "new rumor".

choochoopapa

i was in facebook, i was reading about revel usa going out of business and that revel of Germany is still in business but had been sold for 3 mil  and it also said that Bachmann on30 would go the same way. it went on to say they would not say anymore and let Bachmann break the news. so i was just wondering if it might be possibly be true. i hope not.

the Bach-man

Terry Toenges

I was just making light of the rumor thing. One rumor begats another rumor begats another rumor and so on it goes. It was not my intent to offend anyone.
Feel like a Mogul.

choochoopapa

thank you mr Bachmann for the good news

2foot6

As I have wrote before.....One should not always believe what they see or read on the internet...Signed  Abraham Lincoln.  ...Peter ;D

p51

-Lee

Bucksco

The sky is not falling....it is adjusting itself.

p51

Quote from: Yardmaster on June 05, 2018, 11:33:01 AM
The sky is not falling....it is adjusting itself.
I always had the impression that Bachmann essentially flooded the market in On30. It took a long time for the rolling stock to dry up as cheap items in hobby shops and online.
Nothing made by Bachmann can be found for fractions of the retail price anymore. To me, that supports that the deluge has subsided and people aren't selling cheaply anymore. That would support to me that the market can handle Bachmann coming back with increased production. But it could also mean the market has absorbed almost all it can.
Let's face it, the market for On30 has never been huge, nor will it ever be so.
-Lee

Len

At the LHS my repair shop was in, many people expressed and interest in On30 sets, until they saw the price.

They really liked the size, especially for 'Christmas Villages', but couldn't understand why it was priced like Lionel or MTH, yett ran on the same track as lower priced HO. I believe if the price point had been a bit lower, a lot more people would have gotten into On30.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.