I wish Bachmann would make............How about you??

Started by plint, May 27, 2018, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jward

My personal wish, something I've asked for on this forum for years, are updated models of the F9 and the U36B. The tooling already exists, and the drives for these locomotives would be the ones used under the f7 and B23-7 respectively.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

plint

A Suburban Propane 55' Tank Car.  I know Bachmann only makes a 40' but this would be a good place to start making 55' tanks.
By the grace of God go I in Amherst NH.

Trainman203

Len I sent you an off line messsge.  Someone has answered your prayers about the FL 9. Now, if only Saint Casey would hear mine wanting an MP 1010 class 2-8-0.

ebtnut

MDC/Roundhouse once made a metal kit for a Southern Pacific 0-6-0 that is really pretty generic.  If Bachmann were to approach such a project, I would suggest that the model be done in two versions - One with slide valves and inside (Stephenson) valve gear, and one with piston valves and Walscheartes valve gear.  I suspect a lot of the USRA 0-6-0 parts might be adaptable to this. 

Trainman203

I had two of those Roundhouse 0-6-0s back in the model railroad Jurassic.  They were great engines for their day.  A walschaerts valve gear kit was available separately but you had to drill the "zamac" cast zinc alloy components which were harder than any diamond and more impenetrable than Fort Knox.

There has been a similar brass SP 0-6-0 lately but it is for a different market. This engine could easily be converted to a logging 2-6-2.... another much needed model.

infamouselijah

I wish they would make one of the newer TGVs with 2 power units and not just one functional unit and a dummy, if they could make them go in the right direction

Radioguy

Hopping in with a suggestion, although to tell the truth I'd prefer it in N scale...

Printed cars based on customer image uploads.

We've seen it, or approximate methods (like this, this, or this), so why not Bachmann?

If it happened while I was away and I missed it, my apologies!

JDLX

Personally, I'd love to see a Baldwin superheated piston valve logging mikado, either 70-ton or preferably 90-ton weight class.  This is a model that's only ever been done in brass, four models of the 70-ton mikado, and two of those were early and late versions of the same prototype engine. 

Second would be a nice generic Baldwin logging/shortline prairie. 

Lastly would be an outside frame 0-6-2T in On30, there were a large number of those built in 30" gauge.

Those are my thoughts. 

Jeff Moore
Elko, NV

Trainman203

I too could really tolerate a couple of logging style 2-6-2s and 2-8-2s on my railroad. Those engines were in-demand Deep South shortline power for several generations .  The trailing trucks were for extended long distance reverse running, not support of heavier fireboxes.

bbmiroku

Trainman203

The forneys would be great too.  After they left New York they went to all kinds of shortline and industrial operations.  They might be a little small for HO though.  On30 appears to be the domain for that sort of modeling and you better believe I've often thought of s second layout in 0n30.