News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Parts

Started by ybernard, June 04, 2018, 10:11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ybernard

Hi I do need the plastic parts that hold the wheels tougher on the steam locomotives. Did someone have the parts or give me some advice on how they replace it   Merci

Bucksco

Parts for most locomotives that are more than 20 years old are out of production. Most older models have been redesigned and therefore parts are not interchangeable. Most folks look for old models at train shops and train shows if they really want to fix the old locomotive.

ACY

Généralement, les pièces de rechange ne sont pas disponibles pour les locomotives à vapeur plus anciennes. Mon meilleur conseil est d'acheter une nouvelle locomotive si disponible à l'achat. Je suis désolé pour mon pauvre français; j'habite aux États-Unis. Bonne chance avec tes recherches.

stjames1_53

Quote from: Yardmaster on June 04, 2018, 03:48:36 PM
Parts for most locomotives that are more than 20 years old are out of production. Most older models have been redesigned and therefore parts are not interchangeable. Most folks look for old models at train shops and train shows if they really want to fix the old locomotive.

New to Bachmann. I am repairing a #806 Union Pacific Overland. I have replaced the chassis and front truck, but I need the washers and springs for both the front and rear trucks. I see them in the exploded view, but can see no attached number.
I hope you can be of help..............stjames

stjames1_53

Quote from: Yardmaster on June 04, 2018, 03:48:36 PM

New to Bachmann. I am repairing a #806 Union Pacific Overland. I have replaced the chassis and front truck, but I need the washers and springs for both the front and rear trucks. I see them in the exploded view, but can see no attached number.
I hope you can be of help..............stjames

Trainman203

You can probably get an appropriate washer any number of places.  You probably find a spring that's usable that's associated with another engine.  Or you can add weight.

Improvise.  Move up to the next step of model railroading.

stjames1_53

I did find one front end trunk today that I ordered from ebay, You're right. It had the spring, washer, and screw I needed to repair the front truck. Still going to keep looking for the rear spring. I was hoping for a post-production site.