News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Well I did it got a C-19

Started by Chastity, June 04, 2018, 11:05:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chastity

I have not been getting trains and actually sold off most.  However, got a good look at the C-19 and having tromped through most of the Rockies with my dad on the old narrow gauge road beds got to learn the trains pretty good.  Of course been to Knott's and the CRRM which have the last three C-19s ever and all running (I think).

To see the difference between the first Shay (which I sold) and the latest C-19 is night and day. 

So sad in some respects that the C-19 will pretty much be the end of the 1:20.3 line.   As has been mentioned elsewhere the LS market while having come back a little is still pretty much a niche of a niche.  Oh and I managed to snag the long caboose to go with it as well.  Again, compared to what else is out there very very nicely done. 

I keep hoping that somewhere a new 1:20.3 locomotive will be announced or the K-27 will be rerun but know that more than likely the powers that be in the board at Bachmann do not see enough profit in doing so.  So the C-19 will be a proud testament to what a manufacturer could and did.