STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2019, 03:47:39 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  Can a Santa Fe HO Diesel connect to a Thomas & Friends rollingstock piece?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Can a Santa Fe HO Diesel connect to a Thomas & Friends rollingstock piece?  (Read 695 times)
thedogwholikestrains

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2018, 11:14:49 PM »

Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh?

Can a Santa Fe HO Diesel connect to a Thomas & Friends rollingstock piece?

Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh?
Len

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 12:31:37 AM »

Without modifying one or the other, the short answer is no. The couplers used on T&F locos and rolling stock are not compatible with the couplers used on regular HO equipment. Whether is modern knuckle couplers, or the older 'horn-hook' style.

You would either have to modify the diesel to mount one of these T&F type couplers:
http://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=Thomas+coupler

Or make a "transition car" by mounting a kuckle coupler to one end of a T&F car. And that's not as simple as it sounds.

Len

If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.
DinoNTrains

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 04:55:46 PM »

Actually, if you're careful, there is a way to connect the different couplers. If you slip the hook of the Thomas and Friends couplers into the sockets of either a knuckle coupler or horn-hook coupler, then it would work (I'd show pictures for demonstration, but I don't have access to my layout at this moment).

Bachmann never ceases to amaze me Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: