News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

NEW Bachmann N-Scale Sound Equipped 2-8-0

Started by hminky, June 20, 2018, 02:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hminky

Got one these from MB Klein this afternoon.

From the diagram has the can motor like the 4-6-0.

My guesstimate is a 15mm diameter speaker facing downward  in the tender.

Full Soundtraxx Economi with all the sounds.

Runs and sounds really great, am impressed.

Thanks Bachmann

Harold

Hunt

Click Here for the factory-installed decoder document.

This document content is different from the original factory-installed decoder Sound Value documents as it servers a different purpose, thus it is used differently.

Hunt

Harold,
Read the decoder -
CV 50, F0(r) Hyperlight Auto-Dim Forward  ---  Verify CV50 factory default value is 144 (not 143 listed in document the factory-installed decoder document).

hminky

Just beginning to slip with this train:

All the cars have Fox Valley wheels.

Harold

hminky

Dug out an old analog 2-8-0 and that one wouldn't pull that train because of wheel slipping.

Harold

hminky

There is no working front coupler.

The usual answer to the front coupler is the MicroTrains Z-scale 905.

It worked but the front coupler is usually used for switching, the problem is the car being switched would "bobblehead" or "slinky".

With a little bit of fitting the McHenry coupler will work in the 905 coupler box.

Not for everyone, but works for me.

Harold

hminky

Using my highly inaccurate as far as measurement food scale but for comparison the modern cars are about two times heavier than a 40ft boxcar and about three times heavier than a 33ft hopper or tankcar.

Harold

hminky

Produced a short video, excuse the mess and lack of production values.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7Uaq2AhmnA

Harold

bnoem1

There are some hidden sound functions not mentioned in the quick start booklet.  F9 gives the grade crossing whistle and 10 through 19 offers a few more sounds.  I think 16 is filling the tender with water.  Very Cool!  Now if you don't mind, please Mr. Bach Man could we have a Pacific with DCC and Sound too?