News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Parts availability????

Started by rad400, June 23, 2018, 03:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rad400

I have been trying to order 4 wheel geared (293-E003) trucks for a GP30 engine  for over a year and it is always the same story, out of stock, back ordered from supplier.  Now I am also trying to purchase motors (345-E001) for FMTM engine and they are also out of stock.  I run these trains in a Museum layout where they get a lot of usage but if I can't get parts, I will need to rethink my future purchases.

Can someone in Bachmann/Williams please help me get parts

Thanks,

RAD400

ACY

My advice is to check ebay, flea markets and train shows to scavenge for the parts you are seeking.

rad400

Is part shortages a common problem with Bachmann?

ACY

Quote from: rad400 on June 24, 2018, 03:35:08 PM
Is part shortages a common problem with Bachmann?
I am not sure how Williams operates, as they are sort of a separate entity from Bachmann. But for Bachmann's other product lines they basically get one supply of parts when a particular model is run, and then after that point when those run out, the only option is to scavenge. Most other companies operate their parts and repair departments similarly, so even if you took your business elsewhere you would run into the same problem. Very few if any companies any more have parts for a all of their models readily available at all times. Athearn/Horizon seems to be ok for parts but even they can be out of certain parts, especially those in high demand.

Dale S

it seams Bachmann doesn't care about ther product after it was sold new! 

Hi rad 400,

671 here.

The Williams Chugington loco is at Trainland. Close-out price of  $ 69.99.

This may have the same two trucks and motors that you are looking for. Check it out. Williams would not have "Tooled" up just for these locos.

Good Luck...Keep on Chuggin'

Len

The trucks on Wilson and Brewster are smaller than the 'universal' 4 wheel trucks used on the GP30, GP9, etc.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Hi rad 400,

671 here.

Look in this site's (Williams) universal O scale parts. It has a motor that fits FM units. I do not know if this is what you need...but it is worth a look.
Also look at Trainland web site. Williams O scale Diesels...you may find a deal on a loco that has your needed parts. Some items are at close to parts pricing if you break them down into component parts.

Give it try...Hope this helps...

Give a Toot !