News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Random steam pics thread

Started by WoundedBear, July 01, 2018, 08:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Toenges

I don't know why, but most of your pics aren't showing up for me. On this 3rd page, only Len's pic is visible. On the first page, most of them are visible. On the 2nd page, I can only see a few.
Feel like a Mogul.

WoundedBear

Don't know what to tell ya Terry. All the pics show on both my desktop and my phone.

Sid

Terry Toenges

I know it's weird because I assume you're posting them all using the same method yet I can see some but not all.
Feel like a Mogul.

Trainman203

Every now and then I see a photo here that I think I know what it is.  The rusty 2-8-0 and 4-6-0 side by side might be what are called by some the "ghost trains" in the woods way up in Maine, I think, a couple of hundred miles from any live rail.  They last belonged to some lumber company and were marooned up there many long years ago by business closures and successive abandonments.  They were well preserved in an enginehouse until some idiots burned it down in the 60s.  The 4-6-0 started successively leaning to the left due to ground deterioration underneath but some preservationists finally stabilized it.  The 2-8-0 is exceptionally valuable as one of the very, very few surviving ex- New York Central steam engines, surviving only by chance actually.

bbmiroku

On the third page the rusted engines are definitely Russian or Texan.  Notice the sunfade around the star shape on the front boiler plate.  And 2-10-2 was not a very common European style; too long.  Except for the wide expanses of Russia/USSR/whatever it is/was.  But Texas railways had quite a number of them.  Not sure if any had a star, but it is the Lone Star State, so...

Trainman203

"Russian or Texan " Are you serious???!!!! OH MAN!!!!!! HAWHAWHAW!!!😂😂😂😂😂

bbmiroku

Trainman203

There's really nothing to be educated about.  I think it's hilarious .  Although no one in the Texas steam days though about putting a big Texas star on a Texas engine, it's surprising that someone didn't.  

I grew next door to Texas and only mean to be having a light hearted moment with my beloved neighbors, and relatives, to the west.  The Texans I knew and still know have , can I politely say, a quite large sense of Texas home pride .... and putting a Texas star on an engine fits right in to the mindset! 😂😂😂.

Anyone from Texas reading this?  Log in! "Educate" "me!"

WoundedBear

A little searching says the string of derelict steamers with the "star" is taken in Siberia.

Sid