News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Random steam pics thread

Started by WoundedBear, July 01, 2018, 08:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainman203

Another interesting thing is the hoses from the engine, suspended from the flat cars, to whatever the head end device is called, certainly conveying steam up to a dependant non powered piece of equipment.  Pipes go down to the trucks, makng me think that the equipment may have some limited self powered mobility too, limited by hose slack.

Really interesting photos.  Thanks Sid, any idea where they came from?

Terry Toenges

Where is the rail coming from? I see the thing with the arch in it that is shuffling the ties to the front. Is the rail coming from the opposite side? Or is that a piece of rail (toward the bottom, under the arch) ready to be laid?
Feel like a Mogul.

RAM

I may be wrong, but I think what you think is hoses is part of the conveyor system.  The film is very slow, and any one moving is lost.  My guess is that you have two men take the ties and move it to the end and the then go to the back of the line.  This was hard work and this was before they had work rules.

Ken Clark

Looking from the front of the tie & rail laying train.
   Ties are moved to the front on the left side of the train, rail is moved up the right side of the train.

Ken

RAM

It looks like a flag on a pole so the engineer will know what to do. Move or stop.

bbmiroku

The reverse-arching under the car bodies is sectional track already bolted together.  Above the car bodies is a tie conveyer of some sort.

WoundedBear

WoundedBear

Mdaskalos

Quote from: Terry Toenges on October 02, 2018, 12:40:19 PM
When I looked at that one, it reminded me of all the folks on here who complain about people trying to run big locos on tight curves and the overhang it creates. ;D

And with that picture of the 1218, they'll never heed the accusation of "not prototypical" ever again.

Terry Toenges

It makes me want to get a loco and mount one of those tiny homes on the front for living quarters.  ;D
Feel like a Mogul.