News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Annie 4-6-0 new gen pilot

Started by RIrail, July 08, 2018, 08:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RIrail

I just lost the original pilot on my 4-6-0. The front wheel came off causing the pilot to short out and burnt the wires running from the pilot to the motor. I was able to order a new chassis but the pilots are listed as sold out. I was wondering if anyone new when they might be available again. Winter comes fast and like to run some more before my season is done.
Thanks
Steve

Joe Zullo

The new chassis you ordered comes with a pilot truck.

RIrail

Joe, even though they show it in the picture, the item discription says "using old pilot". This leads me to believe you get the chassis but have to re use the original pilot.
Steve

ricnpat

Joe,
I think that means that your Chassis will come with the old (original) style pilot assembly not the new style that is on the latest generation of "Big Hauler" locomotives.

Just bought a pair of chassis's last year and that was the case.

armorsmith

Steve,

Let me poke around in my junk box (the one I just acquired), I probably have a pilot for a ten wheeler you can have for the cost of shipping. It WILL most likely need a paint job as I don't believe I have any Bumble Bee junkers.

Bob C.

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi All,

So far all the annie replacement chassis I have seen come with the old style pilot truck, not the Annie version six swing type pilot truck.  All the Annie replacement chassis I have seen do include a pilot truck.

Maybe the Bach-man or Yardmaster can give us a hint as to when the new style pilot truck will be back in stock.

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

RIrail

Thanks for the offer Bob. I am away on travel and my chassis arrived while I am away. I will see if it came with the pilot when I get home on Friday. I was just going by what the discription on the website said. Hopefully there will be one in the box. I was hoping the Bac-man would respond.
Thanks for all your responses.
Steve

Joe Zullo

The chassis will come with a pilot truck, the old style one. I think that is the one you are looking for. "Using the old pilot" means using the old STYLE pilot truck and that will be already on the new chassis. I have ordered a couple of new chassis too and that's what is included. You have interpreted the ad incorrectly.

RIrail

That's good to hear. Thanks Joe.

RIrail

:) Well I just wanted to confirm that I did receive the front pilot with the Annie chassis,  just as you all  acknowledged. Thank you all for your responses and help.
Steve

Young one

Did that chassis come with the metal gear transmission?

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Yo,

The replacement chassis available in the online store for the Anniversary 4-6-0 does not come with the metal gears or the new style pilot truck.

It does come with the reliable Version 5 chassis and gearbox.

Check this out for more info:

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,18832.0.html

Loco Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Young one

I see.   Thank you very much.