News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Refer/Reefer

Started by lirrman, July 13, 2018, 03:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lirrman

Just left this on the HO board but I thought this might be a better venue.

I just did a search on e-bay for REFER cars, many came up.  Then, I tried a search for REEFER cars and a whole 'nother batch came up.   Never really noticed this before.  Is there a right & wrong way?

Trainman203

In today's world, "reefer " does not mean a railroad refrigerator car.😮😱🤪😂😂

Try " railroad refrigerator car".

WoundedBear

Refer cars are for morons that can't spell.

Reefer is slang for a refrigerated rail car or semi-trailer.

Not hard to figure out.

Sid

Trainman203

It also shows that no one knows anything about railroads anymore compared to the past when railroads were a part of life in most places.  You could make  a train with all the ridiculous car names.  The choo choo is up front pulling the refer cars, the tankers, the coal cars, the cattle cars, the platform cars ...... 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 .... what else?

rogertra

Quote from: Trainman203 on July 13, 2018, 06:10:02 PM
It also shows that no one knows anything about railroads anymore compared to the past when railroads were a part of life in most places.  You could make  a train with all the ridiculous car names.  The choo choo is up front pulling the refer cars, the tankers, the coal cars, the cattle cars, the platform cars ...... 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 .... what else?

"Reefer" cars.  A refrigerated rail car or truck or truck trailer.

Refer: - Mention or allude to.
"the reports of the commission are often referred to in the media"
synonyms:   mention, make reference to, allude to, touch on, speak of/about, talk of/about, write about, comment on, deal with, point out, call attention to
"he referred to errors in the article"

Cheers.

Terry Toenges

Could it be reefer if you mention or allude to in a chilling tone? ;D
Feel like a Mogul.

Trainman203

Two for the price of one 😂😂😂😂😂

Len

Oh, no! It's...

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Trainman203

Yes, I have reefer madness.  I have at least 20 railroad refrigerator cars. 😂🤪😂😂😆😂