FLYING SCOT Classic Collector series

Started by #1losttrain, July 16, 2018, 03:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

#1losttrain

need help about FLYING SCOT #40-0190.  HELP

WoundedBear

Help doing what? Your query is quite vague ???

Sid

#1losttrain

I CAN'T FIND ANY INFO AS FAR AS DATE ISSUED, COST, RARITY, NEED PART # FOR POWER UNIT WHY CAN'T I FIND GENERAL INFO. THE INFO I DID FIND WAS FOR ROYAL SCOT. this is "classic collector series", all red and gold #46100 on coal car #40-0190

WoundedBear

Any quality 12v DC power supply for model trains will work. Doesn't need to be a specific one.

I assume you are looking to resell this "gem" ?

Sid

WoundedBear

https://www.opencore.top/bachmann-red-flying-scot-ho-scale-electric-train-set-p-20331.html

That it? Google is your friend.

Also......do a forum search here. I guarantee you will find results.

Sid

WoundedBear

It's only worth whatever you deem appropriate.

How badly do you want it?

Sid

rogertra

THE "Flying Scotsman" is both the name of an individual locomotive, LNER Class A3 4-6-2 No. 4472, BR No. 60103,  or an ex LNER train with the same name.  Very confusing to North Americans.  :-)  

Cheers.

bbmiroku

Roger;
    It's okay to call (USA)mericans confused.  The Canadians are fairly smart, and I'm pretty sure the Mexicans can Google.
:P ;D

#1losttrain

Thank you all for your reply's, I'm just trying to find out " FLYING SCOT" HO  scale electric train set is worth, it says on the box that it is "CLASSIC COLLECTOR SERIES". the power unit is gone but all else is there. I can find NO info of any kind for this on Bachmann web site, when series released, NOTHING. I have an opportunity to buy this from widow of collector, I want to be fare, but at same time not pay over reasonable price.

WoundedBear

If you really gotta have it..... Twenty or twenty-five bucks would be a reasonable offer.

Sid

rogertra

Quote from: WoundedBear on July 19, 2018, 08:29:34 PM
If you really gotta have it..... Twenty or twenty-five bucks would be a reasonable offer.

Sid

Right on Sid.   It may say "CLASSIC COLLECTOR SERIES" on the box but it's old Bachmann so $20 to $25 is about right.

Cheers.

Trainman203

Nothing loses value harder or faster than a new car driven out of the dealer
or new model railroad stuff just sold . 😱😮😂😂