recover - reset - lost program address of track-mobile

Started by hgcHO, July 16, 2018, 07:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hgcHO

Well it may be a bit more then just lost as I have used my Track-mobile on different layouts. {work great}  I was using #3 but decided I needed another # to call cab. As other new engines were #3. While it was working #3 most likely was on main while someone else did some CV stuff.  Alas, no responds to track-mobile #3 now.

I have tried a NCE system for programming a local address; on the program track
the Manufacture 001 and decoder 032, but no reply to either short or long address once tried.
Have also tried sending 08 to CV 8 for factory reset and the 55-55-55 address reset method to no avail.  
Tried my other track-mobile and it worked fine. And Bachmann DCC and DC power also no go....    

Open to suggestions - to recover non-responsive track-mobile?

Harry

hgcHO

Ignore previous thread.  I solved it - but I am unable to explain it.  Using NCE unit I went through the give the loco. a new number but short and long several times with different version to questions asked and I looked up and the track-mobile was moving down the tracks.(actually I heard it first then looked and seeing it moving.   It understands the # 4 address but not  long  address.

Thanks for you time.
:)
Harry