News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Fred and Rickety

Started by jleight, January 29, 2019, 01:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jleight

Hey Bach Man!  Do you suppose there is any chance that Bachmann will ever come out with Fred the Orange Coal Car or Rickety? They were announced many years ago but as far as I can tell they never went into production. They were item # 77040 and 77044.   ???

TrainFan97

Those models got cancelled, and released as the Blue Open Wagon and Cargo Car, which are both faceless.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

jleight

I guess I'm wondering why they were cancelled and never brought out?  Just hoping that they might re-emerge someday.

Anthony P2

There's probably no chance they would ever be introduced...at least under those names. They were names chosen by Learning Curve to sell the toy versions. That's practically the reason they were canceled.

Awesometrain77

Bachmann cancelled them the same year the wooden railway ones were retired I believe

BubbleBuddyFan

You can find Fred Pelhay and Rickety from Shapeways.

BubbleBuddyFan

N Scale Fred and Rickety is not here from Shapeways yet. It is to be announced in the future! HO European Uncoupling Track is useful for Fred and Rickety.