News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO Bachmann Spectrum 2 truck Climax

Started by MP2626, January 13, 2013, 05:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Climax

I am surprised that someone hasn't filed a class action law suite against Bachmann for producing an inferior product that self destructs in an hour and basically has been engineered into a Lemon.  Bachmann has always been known as trash and the Spectrum Line was a giant leap out of that lable, but it was more like a feeble hop.  They should be taken to court and either come up with a satisfactory repair or be made to buy all the defectively produced locomotives back.

CCRy

Bachmann has replacement drive train parts for the 2 truck Climax. I have 3 of them. I sent the one with plastic gears back to Bachmann to replace with metal. Ordered extra drive train parts. Also have a Bachmann 3 truck Climax. Northwest Shortline has replacement gears for Bachmann Shay. I ordered a set for my parts box. I have 3 Bachmann Shays and have not had any problems with them. I have PFM brass Shay and a Roundhouse Shay. I have had problems with them and the replacement parts needed are no longer available. I understand your frustration when parts are not available. The two truck Climax was out of warranty and I was given the option for a higher fee to upgrade the drive train. I would contact the service manager and ask what options you have for the 2 truck Climax.

John