Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Prototype model of outside frame 4-4-0,;

Started by rrbob, August 06, 2018, 12:40:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrbob

Bachmann:
I just purchased from Ebay your outside froma
4-4-0 that the seller said was the "prototype" of the outside frame 4-4-0.  It is complently unpainted and some of the piping is still red plastic.
Could you fine out if this is the first prototype model before regular production began? Or why it was sold unpainted?
Thanks.
B

the Bach-man

Dear Rob,
It's possible that this is one of our late friend Lee Riley's recently auctioned models.
He certainly had many prototypes and test shots.
If it is, I'd preserve it as is.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Terry Toenges

I looked at all the things that were up for auction before it was held. Wow! What an impressive collection he had.
Feel like a Mogul.

rrbob

Thats where it came from. Lot 2144. Glade i didnt know about this auction...i would have had to morgage the house!
I expect alot will show up on Ebay. Alot went pretty cheap.

p51

Quote from: rrbob on August 07, 2018, 02:39:20 PMGlade i didnt know about this auction...i would have had to morgage the house!
Yeah, me, too. I had no clue about until reading this thread just now.
I would have liked to have had something owned by him, though. He's the primary reason I'm back in the hobby now.
-Lee

rrbob

The austion is still listed so you can see what was sold and for how much.  Keep watching Ebay, there was alot of On30 sold cheap. Im sure alot will be resold.

Terry Toenges

I saw a lot of things that would have been neat to have but I knew I would have ended up with a lot of stuff that I had no real use for, just that they were cool.
Feel like a Mogul.