Is Bachmann switching to TCS as their sound decoder supplier?

Started by NKline, August 10, 2018, 12:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NKline

Is Bachmann switching their Sound On Board supplier from Soundtraxx to TCS WOWSound? I've noticed that they started using WOWSound in a couple new products such as the ACS-64 and now the just announced streamlined PRR K-4.

Nathan

WoundedBear

rich1998

Link never work. No big deal.
No doubt I missed the post as I do not get here much. It does not surprise me though.

Rich

West Bound

Mr Bachmann, Will the TCS WOW decoders have a full range of sounds or will they be limited like the Sound Value decoders?
Thanks, John West

the Bach-man

Dear John,
As far as I know, there will be a full range of effects.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Trackbump

Any chance Sound Value will expand a little with more sounds or functions, like it did with the Heritage diesels having ditch lights that operate compaired to the first run that did not? That was a fast and impressive upgrade.

Adam

3rail

rich1998

Quote from: 3rail on August 16, 2018, 02:49:57 PM
Lexon,

This link is the HTML5 version instead of Flash, give it a try.

http://resources.bachmanntrains.com/NMRA_KC2018/html5

Thanks. I can see why I never saw this. I never saw a discussion with the TCS heading. I did not look at the 2018 Catalog.
Terrible formatting for the catalog, at least for me. Very difficult to read.

Rich

Trackbump

TCS sounds are more crisp and clear then Soundtraxx and others  since they claim to use 16 bit sound samples and no synthesized sounds . Only true sounds. When a comparison is done it is clear that they do what they claim compared to all others. Maybe they can do there version of a value sound decoder for Bachmann. Would not complain about quality over quantity there.

Adam