News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2019 4-6-0

Started by Chastity, August 10, 2018, 12:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chastity

Just saw the product announcement.  Nice to see spectrum electronics installed.  Nice.

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi all, 

Looks like we will get a version of the 4-6-0 with metal gears, side rods, and separate piping with a new tender as well as the plug and play socket.  DCC & Sound ready.   They are not calling it an Annie, but rather a new addition to the "Big Hauler" line.

Here is the link:

http://resources.bachmanntrains.com/NMRA_KC2018/

Page over to the large Scale page.  The items on the page do not seem to be of the actual model but rather a colored drawing.

It will be very interesting to get a hold of a real one to check out!

Coming in 2019.   Also a circus horse car is coming.

Loco Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

tedyarbrough

Mr. Bach Man,
Thank you for listening! New road number on the 4-6-0 Bumblebee and finally flying Rio Grande herald on the 4-6-0. The DCC and sound plug-n-play is also a good addition. Thank you again, as I have requested this for years.
Happy Rails To You,
Ted

the Bach-man

Hi, Ted!
I wanted to put your name on the cab, but saner minds prevailed...
Anticipate!
the Bach-man

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi All,

Ted does deserve to have his name on the cab ;D :o ::)!!!!!!!

Thanks Ted from all who wanted a flying Rio Grande!!!

Bill

mrpp

Looking forward to this release.

I notice that the link states "operating headlight" - singular - with no reference to the reversing light of the tender.

tedyarbrough

Mr. Bach Man,
I don't mind my name not on the cab. I sincerely appreciate the idea, though. I am thrilled with the two new paints for the D&RGW being released. I would like to suggest leaving the strip around the number on the cab side off and placing a small D&RGW on the bottom along with the locomotive type designation (T-12) very similar to the C-19 look. Also, lose the stripes on the domes. Icky picky, but it would look more prototypical. Again, thank you and looking forward to the release!
Happy Rails To You,
Ted

Chastity

If you look carefully at the flying Rio Grande I do see a small D&RGW along with T-12 on the cab.

Mark Oles

I always like seeing new large scale products being made. And do my eyes deceive me or do these seem to show a flanged center driver?  Is it too much to hope these are anniversary engines as well?

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Mark,

I am hoping that the Yardmaster or the Bach-man will give a a more complete description or even a real photo of these 4-6-0's.

The drawings shown in color are just that drawings, They show some features of Annies, but others are similar to the Big Haulers 4-6-0. 

The drawings show the solid base under the boiler, rather than the see through on an Annie.  The drawings are also showing the Big Hauler style Walchearts valve gear which are different from the Annie version.  The drawing does show all the drivers with flanges, but again it is a drawing.  Same for the tender, looks much like the old style Tender.  It would be great to get some photos of the new tender.  Bachmann does say that it is a new addition to the Big Hauler line, so I am guessing the new 4-6-0 will be some kind of cross between the Annie and the Big Hauler version.   I am guessing that the tender does not have and operating rear headlight because the description says headlight (singular).  I am also guessing that the gearbox is the same as on the Version 5 & 6 chassis that has been so trouble free.   I have long thought that Bachmann might come out with a metal geared Big Hauler, but it seems we will be getting more than that considering there will be a new tender and metal valve gears and the PnP board.  Looks like it will be a nice surprise for all of us.     

Until we get photos of the real thing along with a more detailed description we will just have to keep guessing.   if I can get one for testing I will report here.

We might have to even come up with a new nickname for it!!!   

Please Yardmaster or Bachmann post some photos of the new unit and maybe a better description.

Thanks and Anticipating,

Loco Bill

the Bach-man

Dear All,
We'll certainly post pictures when we get test shots.
And Ted,
when the loco comes out, I'll run a set of decals for you to
put your name on the cab!
Best to all,
the Bac-man

Loco Bill Canelos

Mark Oles

Hey, I know it seems like we're always asking for new paint schemes before the latest releases hit the street, but I thought I'd give a heads up regarding a recently restored narrow gauge Baldwin 4-6-0 that might be worth offering:

Huckleberry Railroad 152.  It came across my feed from the Strasburg Rail Road (who did the restoration).  Looks like they painted it for the US Army when it was in Alaska. Here's a link to a youtube video of their recent railfan event.  Who knows, might even be a regionally smart choice for a starter set with two of the yellow J&S coaches. Doubleheader event

tedyarbrough

Mr. Bach-man,
I do want to express my thanks again for the new paint schemes. I do hope the white pinstripe around the cab sides and possibly on the steam domes can be eliminated on the production model. This would be the more authentic lettering. Looking forward to actual photos and more info on the updated tender. Keep us informed!
Happy Rails To You,
Ted

tedyarbrough

We are getting close to 2019. Any new info, photos, release dates, etc?