News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2019 4-6-0

Started by Chastity, August 10, 2018, 12:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tedyarbrough

Mr. Bach-Man,
Any updates, photos, information (on new tender) you can offer us? We are excited for new products. I do hope the released version will lose the pin stripping around the cab sides (and possibly the domes). Looking forward to a very nice edition of the 4-6-0 in new factory Rio Grande paint.
Happy Rails (and New Year) to You,
Ted

RkyGriz

Hi. I am as excited as everybody else is for these new locos! How much longer must we wait until they're available for sale? And at what price point will they be offered? Will you still be making ,and offering parts, for the older model 4-6-0? Are any of the parts from the new 4-6-0 going to be compatible with the older model? Or do I need to stock up on parts for my 5 current older model 4-6-0's?
Thank you.
Andrew

tedyarbrough

Bach-Man,
It is February 2019. Any updates you can share. We are all anxiously awaiting photos, details, etc.
Happy Rails To You,
Ted

the Bach-man

Dear Ted,
We'' post pics when we have them!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Chastity

Any more information yet?

the Bach-man

Dear All,
The catalog pictures are computer images to show the
color schemes.
When we get actual paint samples we will post pictures.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

tedyarbrough

Hey Bach-Man,
Still in hopes that the finished version will lose the strip around the number on the cab side as well as the strips around the steam & sand domes!
Happy Rails To You,
Ted

the Bach-man

Thanks, Ted,
I'll pass that along!
Best,
the Bach-man

tedyarbrough

Any updates available? Photo, shipping time frame,changes to tender,  etc.

RkyGriz

I talked to customer service recently. They said that the new 4-6-0 may not make an appearance until next year. I asked "Is it going to be next year then?" and the reply was"That's a good possibility". So, we all get to continue to hurry up and wait. For now.

veetwelve

I'm guessing that Bachmann has figured out that nobody wants to pay 25% more for the 4-6-0 just because it's coming out of China.  I can wait...  :)
Jay

tedyarbrough

Loco Bill Canelos

I also heard the new 4-6-0 would be delayed until next year.  No reason was given, but at least part of the delay may be due to a change to a new factory which has been ongoing for some time.

Loco Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

tedyarbrough

Hey Bachmann,
Any updates? Sure would like to see the new loco introduced SOON!
Happy Rails To You,
Ted

Greg Elmassian

Visit my site: lots of tips and techniques: http://www.elmassian.com