News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New PRR streamlined K4s

Started by Rick Abramson, August 10, 2018, 10:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Abramson

Will this model be available straight DC? I certainly hope so.

ACY

In their product announcement it is listed as only available with DCC & TCS WOW Sound for $469.
So you will have to wait at least a few years if they decide to make an analog DC version.

Rick Abramson

I should be able to hard wire the motor directly to the wheels as I did with the ACS-64. Now it runs great on DC.

Trainman203

I'd call this a product of very limited interest to only a very few people and hardly anyone outside of the northeast US.

Bucksco

PRR - Standard Railroad of the World. Pennsy has a huge fan base - not limited to the Northeast. Kind of like saying only people who live on the West Coast like Santa Fe.....

Trainman203

Huge fan base - probably so,  PRR model railroad stuff had always sold.... to the point where some of us who like other railroads begin to think Enough Is Enough.

Business is business though.  I understand that part.

Standard Railroad of the World - appears to be an early  Pennsy self-annointment, not unlike crowning one's self king,  that has carried over to a fan base that doesn't question when, how, and why, just repeats the mantra.  Worthy of another topic.

oldline2

Well, it was just a tiny railroad with a couple engines!

The Pennsy ran plenty of places besides the NE. Think about Chicago, St. Louis, Louisville, Detroit and one or two other places outside the NE.

Yep, probably won't sell...........like their K4 offering they have sold for years.

oldline2

Trainman203

Of course it was.  But so were plenty of other roads.  It's the rather  unique "attitude" started by the road and perpetuated by the fans  that gets me in particular.  All of this is for another thread.

Trainman203

Back to the engine topic.  It's actually a good looking engine and was an easy one to offer since the mechanism tooling was already there.  Don't think it's ever been offered before either  .

Gotta say nice things about the Bach Man . Even though I myself don't have a use for this particular engine, for a good long decade I had available to me 4-4-0's, 4-6-0's, 2-8-0's , 2-10-0's, 2-10-2's and 4-8-2's in a plethora of Southern and Southwestern road names right up my alley.  I got nearly all of them, all still turning out scale miles on my freights and shuffling in my yards.

Rick Abramson

These Loewy styled K4s's also ran on The Jeffersonian between Harrisburg and St. Louis on the Panhandle.

Trainman203

What is the Panhandle? It means parts of either Florida or Texas down here.

Terry Toenges

I guess whichever of these places has a panhandle.
Feel like a Mogul.

J3a-614

Quote from: Trainman203 on August 13, 2018, 09:35:35 AM
What is the Panhandle? It means parts of either Florida or Texas down here.

It's a reference to the Panhandle Division of the PRR, or to the Panhandle Railroad (predecessor owner of the same line).  It was named for the Northern Panhandle of the State of West Virginia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsburgh,_Cincinnati,_Chicago_and_St._Louis_Railroad

Terry Toenges

That's interesting. I hadn't heard of that one before.
Feel like a Mogul.

thewizard

Mr Bachmann, will you be releasing any fleet of modernism cars to go with this, or any new numbers for the existing smooth side cars?