News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

E-Z street vehicle speed

Started by CJ_Rex, November 07, 2018, 11:10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJ_Rex

I tried my best to search for this topic, and came up empty, so apologies if it's already been discussed.

I have a relatively small E-Z street setup, integrated into my On30 layout for a Christmas Village. I have 3 new E-Z street vehicles, unmodified out of the box, and they all run at different speeds, eliminating the ability to run all 3 at the same time.

I'm running a second set of parallel E-Z street tracks to run in the opposite direction and create two directions of traffic, but that's currently running an O Scale trolley, from Lionel which also runs at a different speed, but that's obviously to be expected.

Ideally, I'd really like all 3 vehicles to run at the same speed on one track.

I'm running DCC for the 3 locos on the train layout, and I believe it's possible to equip ez streets with DCC, but I'd really like to avoid the money and effort involved in equipping the e-z street vehicles, and purchasing an additional DCC controller for a layout that's only out 1 month a year.

Has anyone else experienced this, or identified a solution?

How likely is it, that thoroughly cleaning the contact points on all 3 and the track will solve it, or opening up the vehicles and re-greasing the gears? I've tried letting the vehicles run individually for long stretches of time to see if they 'break in', but that hasn't seemed to do much.

Are E-Z street vehicles designed (ideally) to all run at the same speed out of the box?

Thanks!!!

Len

No need for a seperate DCC controller for the EZ-Streets. Install "Z" scale decoders in the vehicles and tie the power for the EZ-Streets to your current DCC power feed. Give each vehicle a sepeate addess and your in business. You'll need to play with speed curves on the vehicles to get them runnng at the same speed.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.