News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

woodland scenics inclines

Started by graywolf, August 11, 2018, 10:57:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

graywolf

When using WS inclines or risers do you cover them with plaster cloth or something else prior to installing the track?

jward

when I used them I did not cover them until after the track was laid. I didn't want any surface imperfections to affect my trackwork. After the track is laid, you can bring the plaster cloth right up to the edge of the roadbed and not worry about having twists in your track (which cause derailments) caused by ripples and bumps in the plaster cloth.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

oldline2

I was somewhat unconventional I guess. I glued Midwest cork to mine and then brought the scenery up to the roadbed. Worked fine and looked good.

oldline2

WoundedBear

Quote from: oldline2 on August 12, 2018, 02:11:33 PM
I was somewhat unconventional I guess. I glued Midwest cork to mine and then brought the scenery up to the roadbed. Worked fine and looked good.

oldline2

Nothing unconventional about that. It's the way I do mine too.

These guys may be using plastic roadbed track, and wouldn't need the cork.

As an aside.......re: plastic roadbed. How do you guys put up with the noise? I was at another modeler's layout and was really surprised by the clatter his made. Way noisier than my cork layout.

Sid

graywolf

Thanks for the answers. It seems that I should wait to hide the inclines until after the track in laid on the road bed.

Terry Toenges

For noise - Rubberized shelf liner with the holes in it under the E-Z Track. It comes in colors and you can buy it most anywhere. Just cut it wider than the track and you can scenic over it once you have the track down. It makes a world of different with the noise.
Feel like a Mogul.