News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

GP40 2018 bodyshell on older chassis?

Started by mr magnolia, August 14, 2018, 01:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr magnolia

Hi all

Anyone able to tell me if the new tooling 2018 GP40 body shell can be fitted onto the older GP40 loco chassis?
The couplers would need cutting/taking off from the trucks, but I'm wondering if the shell itself can fit onto the older die cast chassis?

Thanks in advance

Donald

mr magnolia

Relax everyone - you can't use the new body on the old models. Just a bit too tight as the new models have thinner chassis.

spookshow

Not sure why anyone would want to do that. The newer version is so much better.

-Mark

TJ

Probably because the may have a abundance of those Locomotive shells is what I would state.

TJ

mr magnolia

Quote from: spookshow on September 23, 2018, 07:39:15 PM
Not sure why anyone would want to do that. The newer version is so much better.

-Mark

A new shell is $13, and on the other side of the Atlantic, it's difficult to be sure if you are buying old or new locos- especially as the Bachmann online store seems to only sell the older ones, but does sell the new shells. I'm modelling a beat up short line with patched paint too, so gruesome motors fit right in but good detail shells are always best.

Donald

Radioguy

Is the GP-40 in the current Freightmaster set one of the new or old ones?

spookshow

Pictures of the Freightmaster trainset on this website show the old version with open pilots. Of course it's possible that the pictures haven't been updated. Maybe someone from Bachmann will chime in.

-Mark

Radioguy

Quote from: spookshow on October 20, 2018, 06:30:54 AM
Pictures of the Freightmaster trainset on this website show the old version with open pilots. Of course it's possible that the pictures haven't been updated. Maybe someone from Bachmann will chime in.

-Mark

Considering the Freightmaster sets I'm seeing in shops are from '17 or '16, I suppose it's a foregone conclusion.

Shame. I was going to grab the all-blue alternate CSX shell from the parts store under the current MONSTER promo, but won't order now as the standard issue doesn't have that one available. If only... :(

TJ

What about the newer chassis on older shell, would we have the same issue/ problem?

TJ
[/b][/color]