News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

bulldrog shot

Started by craiglg, August 14, 2018, 05:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craiglg

I have a Bachman Berkshire and my question is, which would work better bullfrog snot or adding 1 ounce of weight in boiler??

WoundedBear

My vote would always be to add weight.

Snot is gonna wear off eventually, and I already get enough gunk on my rails.......don't need to add to it.

Sid

jonathan

I'm with Sid on this one.

I added around 1.5 ounces to my Berk, mostly in the smokebox where there is plenty of room.  There is also room in the domes to add more weight.  This also shifts the balance of the loco.  The loco is a bit light up front as delivered.  Makes all the difference.

I have played with bullfrog snot on a few locos.  It works well when adding to just one driver.  As stated before, the snot does wear down over time and more must be applied later.  Got nothing against this product.  It does what it says it does. However, given the choice, I would first opt for adding weight.

Regards,

Jonathan

Trackbump

Weight wins every time.Seems to help traction electrical pickup and momentum. With dcc may need to increase the starting voltage to tune it to speed step 1 one as they say,but a win .Putting a non conductive element all over the rails with traction tires or bull snot is a way ,but not the right way especially with DCC  .

Adam