News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

no response from GP7 w/DCC

Started by bnoem1, August 25, 2018, 03:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bnoem1

I have no response from my GP7.  DIgitrax DCS-100 command Station, DT402D throttle.  Original decoder.  I have no response on the road number address or the default 03.  Using Decoder pro, I get a message of no acknowledgement from the locomotive (308).  Any help out there?  I also can't reset the decoder.  Thanks.

bnoem1

Fred Klein

Hi,

If the GP7 has a Bachmann decoder in it and you are running on a Digitrax command station, you will need to connect a 1K-ohm resistor across the programming track in order for the Digitrax system to find the decoder. Apparently the Bachmann decoders do not put enough of a load on the system in order to be recognized. I'm running a Digitrax Zephyr system and all of my Bachmann decoders exhibit this symptom. Please note: only connect the resistor across the programming track during programming. Once that is complete, remove the resistor and the engine should function normally. When I first encountered this, I also thought that my decoder was defective until I ended up calling Digitrax support and they were the ones to point me in the right direction. BTW, I use 1/4 to 1/2 watt resistors and they work fine. Also, Digitrax said to use only the programming track because programming on the main gives inconsistent results. Hope this helps.
Fred Klein
Okeechobee, FL

bnoem1