News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Making Track Longer

Started by jjwheat, September 03, 2018, 01:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjwheat

I have a Wonderland Express (#25001) that i want to incorporate in my permanent Christmas village display.  In order not to redo the entire setup (everything was designed around a smaller battery operated train), my only option is to make a long oval around the village.  The current kit will make a 36x54 oval & i need at least 36x76 or 80.  The kit has the Bachmann 46605 power supply/controller.
my question is, would this power supply handle the additional length of track ok or would i need a larger one?
Thanks for any advise as friends/neighbors dont want me destroy/redo the hard work i put in the current setup.
Happy Labor Day,
Jerry W - Largo, FL

PS - i tried to attach a picture of the layout but says upload folder is full

WoundedBear

Your power supply will be fine.

Sid

jerry w in FL

Thanks for the quick reply.
Now comes the fun part of designing/building the expansion (about a dozen new buildings to add, plus relocating a few from the back of the display) & make way for the new track.  i'm gonna leave the little battery operated one that circles the town square.
This will give me 3 trains, altho 1 is stationery & designed to look like it's coming out of a tunnel up in the mountain section on the 3rd tier of the display.
Thanks again for the advise.  i'm new to the "real" train world & sure i'll have plenty of questions down the road...
Jerry W - Largo, FL