News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC and Booster

Started by hobbyokie, December 12, 2007, 10:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobbyokie

I have EZ Track on my layout, plus a EZ Command Control Center and a 5 amp booster, but the Bachmann 5 amp booster does not have a plug-in for the EZ Track terminal track.  Is there a special Bachmann terminal track required for the booster?

Also, I will be running one DC loco as well and I have a Bachmann DC controller connected to the Control Center.  Does this hookup change when I add the booster?

A rookie needing some help.

Thanks. 

the Bach-man

Dear Hobby,
The booster goes in series between the EZ Command and the track. You can still run an analog loco on address 10.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Stephen D. Richards

Or...you can add a DC power pack and run 10 DCC and one DC!  That's how I have mine set up.    Stephen

hobbyokie

Thanks for the input.

The other question though is what EZ Track terminal track to use with the Booster power wire since the power wire does not have the plug-in connector for the EZ Track terminal.

SteamGene

Make sure you do not let a DC locomotive sit idle on DCC powered track.  If you stop it, you need to either remove the locomotive, or stop it on track that can be turnd off - like on a spur or separate loop.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

RAM

Staphen, I am not real smart, but I question using a DC power pack with a DCC system.

WoundedBear

From Bmann themselves....

Sid

grumpy

Hi Sid .Where are you. I used a aristocraft 3 amp power supply in place of the power supply that came with EZ command which was totally inadequte except for running one Bachman locomotive with DCC and sound Add one more loco with DCC and sound and nothing.The extra amperage from the Aristo power supply made the difference.
Don

Stephen D. Richards

Quote from: RAM on December 13, 2007, 11:29:21 AM
Staphen, I am not real smart, but I question using a DC power pack with a DCC system.

You're not actually using the power supply, the DC controller is wired in tandum with the DCC controller which is wired between the booster and the "Power Pack".  Sorry for the confusion but the instructions for the DCC controller and the 5 amp booster explain it in detail the the wiring/connectors come with the booster and the DCC controller.  Everything you need will be there!  If these are purchased second hand then the instructions are on line with Bachmann!  Sorry for the confusion!  Stephen

Stephen D. Richards

Just like Sid's diagram!  Mine works like a charm.  Stephen