News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

SP GS4 "Daylight"(old) Manual?

Started by Bel-Air boy 57, October 03, 2018, 10:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bel-Air boy 57

So, I'm in a little bit of a rut, so I have an older model of the SP "Daylight" which seems to have been sold during the 1984 Louisiana worlds fair, the left cylinder assembly has broken and I plan to replace it. When I bought the engine off E-bay it was all there except the manual, I don't feel comfortable taking it apart without knowing what I'm taking apart, I've looked up and down to find the manual for this model and hav'nt found it yet, could anyone point me in the right direction? The item number is 41-0550-D9 if that helps any...

rich1998

Have you looked at HO Seeker? That site might have older diagrams of Bachmann locos.
I do see a couple Daylights in the page that might be yours.

Rich

Bel-Air boy 57

Yes, I've been to HO Seeker before and have seen the manual I needed, but I can no longer access the diagram because I now get greeted with a "403 Permission Denied" pop up. Any idea on what can be done about that? Thanks for reading though, I appreciate that.

Gage

rich1998

I forgot to post the link.

http://www.hoseeker.net/bachmann.html

You cannot post the actual loco link. At one time you could a few years ago.
No one can post a loco diagram now from HO Seeker. The site will not answer emails. I tried. They use to at one time.
If you open the link and do a screen shot, then you can post the photo but you need a site to handle the photo llike Photo Bucket. I use to do that at one time. Bachmann site will not accept photos directly.

Rich

Bel-Air boy 57

Thank you very much, Rich I really truly appreciate your help

Gage

rich1998

You are welcome. It should not be difficult. Good luck. All part of model railroading.
Maybe find parts, shell,  on ebay.

Rich

J3a-614

I also wouldn't rule out the current manual.

One of the reasons I say this is that the mechanisms for all of Bachmann's 80-inch drivered 4-8-4s--Daylights, Niagaras, Santa Fe--are identical.  The only changes are rods and cylinder blocks and valve gear.  It's clearly an example of taking advantage of a characteristic of modern steam engines with trailing trucks, and that's using the driver diameter to set axle spacing.  It seems the railroad industry did this--most, if not all steam locomotives with a trailing truck used driver spacing about three inches larger than driver diameter.  That makes sense in that the resulting distance between axles and wheels works out to shorten the wheelbase to a recommended dimension, which would help the locomotive in going around curves or poking around in a yard. 

This means all the frames are identical, and it's possible what you want to find will still fit.

rich1998

Like I said, you cannot post those links from HO Seeker. The site does not allow it.
Apparently you never looked at your message. Sorry.
I have seen people in different forums try it with the same results.

What a few do is do a screen shot at HO Seeker with their PC and then post the photo to say, Photo Bucket and then post the Photo Bucket link to a forum. A real pain.
Most forums require a photo hosting site like Photo Bucket.

The parts might be all the same. I just never looked.
Good luck.

Rich