Printable OO/HO/N Scale Rulers

Started by Len, October 16, 2018, 10:38:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Len

As a courtesy, Metcalfe Models provides a sheet with OO, HO, and N scale rulers that can be glued to cardstock, or thin styrene, for use when model building on their web site:

https://www.metcalfemodels.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Scale_Rulers.pdf

They are intended for printing on A4 size paper (210×297mm/8.27×11.69in), which is available on Amazon if you can't find it locally. In a pinch you can print them on regular 8.50x11.0in letter size paper. Just be sure your PDF viewer and printer are set to 100%, not "Scale to Fit".

What I like about these is it's very easy to make multiple rulers so you can make measurement notes about specific buildings and structures directly on the ruler itself, e.g., tick marks a certain distance apart with a note "Window spacing" for a factory wall. I have one set I rubber cemented to some old steel rules for drawing straight lines and as cutting guides.

Almost forgot to mention, if you reduce the print size to 73% the HO ruler will become a TT scale (1:120) ruler, and the N ruler will become a Z scale (1:220) ruler. Just be sure to mark them so you know what they are.

I hope you find them useful.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Terry Toenges

Those are a good idea. It would be a help if they put a regular inch scale along the opposite side of it. Not flip it over, but next to it.
Feel like a Mogul.

Len

You could always cut the scale rule down so the inch marks of a cheap plastic, or steel, rule are exposed when you glue the scale rule to it. Something like this, available at Wally-Mart and other retailers, should work:

You could leave either the inch or metric side exposed, depending on your preference.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Terry Toenges

Feel like a Mogul.