News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HOn30 Scale Trains

Started by Kemptown Branch, October 13, 2018, 08:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kemptown Branch

Has Bachmann ever considered producing a regular line of HOn30 trains? I think that they would be interesting. Would anyone else buy them if Bachmann did make them?
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

Hamish K

Liliput (Bachmannn,s Continental European branch) produces a small range of HOe. (HOe is the same as HO n30, HO scale running on 9mm gauge tracks). Prototype are Austrian and other European. Bachmann Branchlines (Bachmann's UK branch) has introduced a range of OO9 trains, OO9 is 1:76 scale running on 9mm gauge tracks, this similar t o, but slightly larger scale than HOn30 (1:87 scale on 9mm tracks). Prototypes include a Baldwin 4-6-0t tank locomotive that was used by the British army in ww1.

I have no idea whether Bachmann USA has ever consided such a range.(apart from  Thomas the Tank Engine that is). One issue might be the use of HOn3 in the USA, which could reduce the market for HOn30. Also there is a line of HOe made by by another European based producer that includes some USA prototypes, this could also affect the market, although there are many USA prototypes not produced.

Personally I would like to see Bachmann USA do this.

Hamish

hminky

Would be nice if Bachmann would make North American style HOn30. Probably be a good market now with the interest generated with 3d printing like what available on Shapeways. There is a conversion for the N scale Bachmann 2-8-0 so all that is needed is new cosmetics. Would be nice to have a factory job with sound.

This is a similar after market for a N scale Model Power 2-6-0/4-4-0. Isn't really that hard.

Been in and out of HOn30 since the early 1970s. Was N-Scaling and got a good deal on the Kato Carolina Central layout about four years ago. Sure looked like HOn30 with the track spacing. Bought some Minitrains and Shapeway HOn30 cars but health problems caused me to shelve model railroading.

2018 was a good health year so returning to model trains tried N-Scale with an attemept at a "door layout" in N-Scale with standard gauge. Trouble is "I see narrow gauge". Various other odd model train ventures intervened. Got a Myner Models Model Power 2-6-0 conversion working. Runs great after a major D-oh moment.

Found that I could make my Kato track look like HOn30 with little effort.

So the layout is still in track planning stages.

Harold