News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Ho Scale EZ Track Compatibility

Started by infamouselijah, October 15, 2018, 07:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

infamouselijah

Hi, I'm considering buying some Atlas Code 100 track to use with my EZ Track. Are the two compatible? Will I need to use a different power pack/speed controller?

WoundedBear

Yes to the first part, no to the second part.

Sid

infamouselijah

Thanks, I'll go ahead and get it then. Are their turnouts compatible with the 18' radius curves?

Flare

I know that Bachmann's standard turnouts have the same curvature as their 18" curve tracks, but are a little longer than an actual 18" curve.

I don't know if Atlas is the same way, might be an idea to compare some used pieces at a hobby shop.

Len

Quote from: Flare on October 15, 2018, 07:34:22 PM
I know that Bachmann's standard turnouts have the same curvature as their 18" curve tracks, but are a little longer than an actual 18" curve.

I don't know if Atlas is the same way, might be an idea to compare some used pieces at a hobby shop.

The curve portion of the EZ-Track standard turnout, and the Atlas Snap-Turnout with the 1/3-18" curve added, is identical to a 30deg section of 18" radius curve. The apparent difference in the turnout length is a roughly 1-1/2" straight section after the curve. For comparison:

So if you add one of these turnouts to the curved end of an oval using 18" curves to create a spur down the straight route, you'd have to add a 1-1/2" straight to the other side to keep things even.

Len 
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.