News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann driver wheel diameter

Started by bigalspitzer, October 16, 2018, 02:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigalspitzer

Hi everyone, does anyone know what the wheel diameter is for the HO scale Bachmann 2-6-2 Prairie? I want to get some traction wheels for this locomotive and need the wheel diameter to order them. I have tried 4 times now to put bull frog snot on the drivers without any such luck unless someone else has a better idea. Thanks everyone.

infamouselijah

Just measured it, seems to be roughly 9/16 of an inch. You should try looking it up or looking in the parts section; the diameter may be shown if they sell the wheels.

WoundedBear

With .012 inches (roughly  ::) ), representing one scale inch in HO, a measurement of "roughly" 9/16ths of an inch is almost useless.

Can't get any more accurate with the yardstick? lololol ;D

Sid

infamouselijah

Well, excluding the flanges, it was 9/16

Len

If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Trainman203

I don't think the traction tires go over the flanges. 😮😂😂😂

rich1998

Every model railroader should have one of these in his tool box.
I had one in the 1970's and did some gear, motor upgrades with NWSL stuff using a dial caliper like this. Accurate enough. It cost me maybe six dollars at the time. Plastic and fiberglass construction. Never any error issues. Measure twice, cut once.
Today I have a battery operated, stainless steel one but still have the old one.

https://www.amazon.com/150mm-Plastic-Dial-Vernier-Caliper/dp/B000YP8FUS/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1539805746&sr=8-5&keywords=plastic+dial+caliper

Rich

bbmiroku

Or you can use small rubber bands.  Basically the same thing.

infamouselijah

Quote from: Trainman203 on October 17, 2018, 09:47:40 AM
I don't think the traction tires go over the flanges. 😮😂😂😂
That's why I said "excluding the flanges."

Trainman203