Mr. Bach Man, is Hawthorne Village offering On30 4-6-0s now?

Started by Flare, October 21, 2018, 02:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flare

I was browsing their site and noticed that some of their On30 train pictures now show 4-6-0s instead of 2-6-0s.

A few descriptions still say 2-6-0 though, can you shed some light on this?

Terry Toenges

Even though some of their pics are showing 4-6-0, none of their info specifies 4-6-0 on any of the ads. They do say 2-6-0 on some of them and some don't say. Bradford did confirm that the Budweiser Express is a 2-6-0 even though a 4-6-0 is pictured. I was hoping we might be getting a new 4-6-0 but that might not be the case.
Feel like a Mogul.

Flare

I'm planning to get the Al Agnew wolf art train at some point, but I don't like this new 4-6-0.

Looking at the picture again, I don't think the valve gear even has any joints.

https://www.bradfordexchange.com/products/49177_wolf-train.html

Terry Toenges

When you zoom in, I think you're right. I'm wondering if it even moves. When you zoom in on the center pic (The one without the background) and look at the center driver, it almost looks as if it isn't even attached to the driver. I think that any thoughts I had of having something a little different in On30 are quickly falling by the way side. I wouldn't buy something like that where the valve gear doesn't even move unless it just looks like that in the pic and it really does work. Are these just artist's renderings?

Feel like a Mogul.

WoundedBear

Terry......I really doubt these pics are actual photographs. They look like 3D renderings from a computer.

Sid