My Bradford Exchange questions answered.

Started by Terry Toenges, October 17, 2018, 09:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Toenges

I asked them: "Your ad for the Budweiser train says it's a 2-6-0 but the picture shows a 4-6-0. Which is it?"
They said: "I can confirm the advertisement is correct. It will be 2-6-0."
I told them: "Your ad (On30 Scale HO-Gauge Track Accessory Set) says the set includes "9 inch radius curves". Those are 18" radius curves."
They said: "...I have forwarded your comments to the department involved..."
I asked them: "Can you tell how long the track is on this bridge (Timber Trestle Bridge Train Accessory)?"
They said: "I am very sorry, I do not have the product information you requested. All of our products are backed by our generous return policy, if you are not fully satisfied."

Feel like a Mogul.

WoundedBear

Bradford Exchange Terry? Really? North America's largest supplier to the garage sale industry?. ;D

And not just the train section. Everything they sell is pure junk......I mean Collectible Heirloom. lol ::)

Sid

Trainman203

Beware used trains , Terry.💥🔥💩💩🤡😱🤬😭😂😂😂

Terry Toenges

Nothing says they are used. I never had any "collectible" intentions in me.
I was intrigued by the On30 4-6-0 they have because it isn't a standard Bachmann item and must have been made just for Bradford.  It expands the possibilities knowing that Bachmann has more than one type of 4-6-0 and there is also a different tender than the standard Bachmann one. I'm traveling outside the box here.
I do like their trestle. That would save a lot of work on my part instead of me building one.
I know some of you folks are real nit-picky about your train stuff. Me, not so much.
I was thinking about the glow in the dark Halloween train to run for my great grandkids. If only it had DCC and Halloween sounds.
Feel like a Mogul.

bbmiroku

You can always hop on down to walmart or whatever and pick up a spooky sounds CD or, if it's available, "Drew's Famous"  Halloween Classics or Scary Movie Soundtracks.

Terry Toenges

I already have a couple Halloween CD's. A Halloween train should have Halloween sounds coming from it.
Feel like a Mogul.

Flare

Quote from: Terry Toenges on October 17, 2018, 06:37:00 PM
I already have a couple Halloween CD's. A Halloween train should have Halloween sounds coming from it.

They're making some small bluetooth speakers now, you can mount them on the train and transmit the audio from your CDs.

Terry Toenges

Sid and Trainman - You guys are both doing HO. You have anything you could possibly want in HO from locos to cars to structures from a bunch of companies.
It's not Like that in On30. We have one 4-6-0, one 2-6-0, a 2-4-4-2, a 4-4-0, a couple geared locos and Porters and that's about it. I don't recall what other Bachmann locos were available. I don't know of another company making On30 locos.
So it's easy for you guys to sit there and say "Don't get this." or "Don't get that." because you have everything you need readily available in HO. We On30 folks don't. It's slim pickings. You don't know what it's like because you don't have that problem.
The fact that there is another On30 4-6-0 out there and a different tender is a major revelation for me. It might be short on detail, but it' a start and something to work with.
I know there are smaller companies out with kit-bashing components for On30 locos but the fact remains that there are only a few locos out there to modify.

Feel like a Mogul.

WoundedBear

I get what you're saying Terry. I'm more knocking Bradford Exchange than you. I get that you need to find raw materials where you can.

I don't really model "mainstream" railroading either. I am about as limited as you are for loco and rolling stock suppliers.

Can On3 models not be regauged to On30? That might open up another world to you.

Sid

Terry Toenges

Since Bachmann is doing all of this Bradford stuff, it would be nice if they put up section on the forum for Bradford stuff. The buyers of Bradford stuff made by Bachmann could get their questions answered here because it's obvious that trains aren't Bradford peoples' strong point.
Feel like a Mogul.

Terry Toenges

Sid - I guess they could. I never looked into it. I don't know who has On3. I know Bradford is for the "ring around the Christmas tree" crowd but every little bit helps.
Feel like a Mogul.

Trainman203

The Bach Man once offered the most beautiful On30 outside framed 2-8-0 you ever saw.  I thought very hard about doing On30 last year and didn't just because I'm already so heavily invested in HO.  I wanted that 2-8-0 but apparently everyone else did too, never could find one. Bachmann's  4-4-0 and 4-6-0 are beautiful  too, I might get them just to have them.  The Bach Man may be the only guy making On30 engines but he's also the only one making small HO steam.  Here's to the Bach Man!