News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum 4-6-0 Ten Wheeler

Started by mvanhove, October 18, 2018, 06:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mvanhove

My Model Railroad buddy, Allen Pollock told me to contact you.  I have a Model 82302 Ten Wheeler that was running fine.  It has been unused for a while. Now it makes a sound like the motor is turning, but no movement.  It has a Soundtraxx Tsunami and the sounds work, the lights come on, just won't move.  It reminds me of the days when the rubber tubing drive would come off or just slip.
I have 4 of these engines, and the others run okay.
It's a great looking model, so I would like to get it fixed.

Thanks for your help,

Mike Van Hove

Bucksco

Contact the  Bachmann Service Department - they will be happy to help you
https://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/service.php

jonathan

Hope the service department can help you.  They are great folks, who try very hard for their customers.

In the meantime...

There are two possibilities for your problem:

1) The bottom plate, that holds the drive wheels in place, may need a touch of tightening so the main drive gear can engage the worm gear; or

2) The cog belt, or "drive belt" has split/broken, and can no longer engage the motor with the worm gear.

Problem (1) is an easy fix, but one must not get to heavy with the screwdriver.  Things can break if turned too tight.

Problem (2) requires disassembly of the shell and most of the motor frame.  Plus, you must have a spare belt to replace the old belt.  That particular part is "sold out" quite a lot.  When the belts are in stock, they sell out fast.  Just sayin'...

I love finding good locos at train shows that "don't run".  But then, I love taking stuff apart and putting stuff back together.

Those are really nice locos.  Hope you find a solution.

Regards,

Jonathan