News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum Pennsy K4 Pacific cab # 5475

Started by bobv2, November 01, 2018, 03:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobv2

I have a Spectrum HO Scale Pennsy K4 Pacific  cab # 54754 that dates back to the 90's  It runs perfectly but needs a new headlight.  I believe that a special bulb was used.   The stock no. was 6081 and it was a 1.5v bulb. From the diagram that came with the loco, it looks like the light housing just sticks jnto the front of the boiler. I have tried pulling it straight out but to no avail. I'm afraid to pull too hard for fear of causing breakage. Can anyone please help me? Also can another type of bulb be used in the light housing? The original burns out very easily if the voltage is turned up. Thank you for any help that can be given to me. My e-mail address is:   bobv.2@verizon.net

jonathan

If I remember correctly, the actual bulb is inside the locomotive, attached to the frame.  Light travels through a clear plastic doohickey to the headlight housing.

You would have to remove the shell to get at the bulb.

Regards,

Jonathan

bobv2

Thank you for your reply Jonathan about the Spectrum K4 Pacific. I don't think that you are familiar with that particular locomotive.The headlight is not mounted on the middle of the boiler front. It is mounted at the very top of the boiler and sits on a bracket. From the diagram that came with the loco the bracket pulls out of the boiler. I have tried pulling on the bracket but it doesn't budge and I am afraid of pulling too hard and causing breakage. Hopefully someone will come to my rescue. Thank you, Bob

Trainman203

You may have to drill the bulb out, pull out the abandoned wires, and install a new (and probably better) lighting element.

I'll say it again.  If you are steam era and don't run at night, and don't have tunnels, you really don't need a lighted headlight.  Daytime headlights are a diesel era thing.