News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Help. Repairing 2006 steam

Started by TinoStrat, October 22, 2018, 08:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinoStrat

I have a steam loco with a valve gear that is broken. I want to take out the bars from that valve gear (the ones that are attach to the wheels u know) is there any way to take them out to leave the loco just like with a simple bar gear (just the principal bar attached to the wheels) I will send it to repair but for the time I want to take out those valve gears so the are not going to keep damaging (srry for my inglish I speak Spanish)

jonathan

TinoStrat,

Your English is very fine.

Yes. It is possible to remove valve gear parts on some locomotives.  Which locomotive do you have?

Some valve gears are attached with regular screws, some use hexnuts, and some use rivets.

Regards,

Jonathan

J3a-614

TinoStrat, can you tell us what locomotive you do have, or send a photograph of it?  As Jonathan noted, different locomotives may have different methods of attaching parts.  A look at what you have can tell us a lot. 

There are a lot of people here who are willing to help you!!

(Hope the translator program works well.)

TinoStrat, ¿puedes decirnos qué locomotora tienes o enviar una fotografía? Como Jonathan señaló, diferentes locomotoras pueden tener diferentes métodos para unir partes. Un vistazo a lo que tienes nos puede decir mucho.

¡Hay mucha gente aquí que está dispuesta a ayudarte!