News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Parts sheet online?

Started by Matt Bumgarner, February 17, 2007, 10:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Bumgarner

Mr. B-

I know that you have nothing to do and lots of spare time :>), but I do have a suggestion- Would it be possible to post the parts sheets/diagrams of your products online? While I am most grateful for your excellent recent offerings such as the HO 4-6-0, 4-4-0, and On30 Forney, the three locos that I am trying to model will require me to buy 2 locos of each and attempt to swap parts. If I could have access to an exploded diagram before purchasing, it would aid immensely in my preplanning and see if what I am trying to do is even feasible. A lot of manufacturers in other industries offer instruction manuals/spec sheets/etc. as downloadable PDF's. As the webmaster for even my company's rudimentary site, it is very easy to do, the biggest problem is just converting your existing literature to a PDF.

In the meantime, can I call the service department and have a diagram emailed or faxed to me?

Thanks again for all your hard work-

Matt Bumgarner

Atlantic Central

Here we go again Mr Bach Man, another call for a real parts department with documentation and a supply of parts.

Sheldon

Seasaltchap

Sheldon, They cannot deal with what they already have.

" Please be aware that due to the quantity of calls we receive each day, you may need to leave a message on our voice mail system. Your call will be returned as soon as a service technician is available. We thank you in advance for your patience."

Sales First - Support Second?

Surely the level of repairs cannot be that great!

Regards

Stewart
Phoenix AZ: OO enthusiast modelling GWR 1895-1939, Box Station Wiltshire; S&DJR Writhington Colliery, Nr. Radstock.

Interested in making friends on the site with similar interests.

Atlantic Central

Stewart,

I know, this is why in another thread on this subject, I suggested they give me all the defect locos and I will start a parts support company. But it would require some supply of new parts as well. Maybe Mr. Riley will take me seriously and give me a call or drop me a e-mail. I'm easy to contact, unlike some others.

Sheldon

glennk28

Hey--B-Man--As I recall, your old buddy TATE knows how that's done!

the Bach-man

Dear All,
This is , I believe, already in the works. I'll try to get an estimate as to when it will be available. In the meantime, contact service.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Conrail Quality

Strange- I've always gotten excellent service. Perhaps it's simply the time of year, or the people in charge, or some other variable. Or maybe they simply treat HO modelers better.

On the topic, I bet Bachmann would make a lot of money on a proper parts department. I know I would buy as many E-33 and Acela pantographs as I could afford, they are constantly breaking. Another reason to make an E-44 ;D, more broken pantographs they could make money off of.
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

rikc9

I hope your correct. I have an issue with a Spectrum HO 4-4-0 that I need help with. The loco came with a decent parts list. I caused the issue but it would be nice to have parts available and someone who is knowledgeable concerning the parts.
Lets see what the Bach-man has to say.

rikc9

Seasaltchap

Complaints of poor service and parts availability are common with Bachmann Europe too.

Regards
Phoenix AZ: OO enthusiast modelling GWR 1895-1939, Box Station Wiltshire; S&DJR Writhington Colliery, Nr. Radstock.

Interested in making friends on the site with similar interests.

johndmuller

Mr. B,
Did I understand you to say that the repair department is able to send out copies of the documentation?
I recently purchased an E-33 and the parts diagram that came with it was a really terrible print - very faint and nearly illegible.  Access to a good downloadable on-line copy would be satisfactory, but a replacement copy would also work for me. 
How do I proceed?  From what I understand here, emails are unlikely to be answered and phone contact could lead to phone tag - is snail-mail an option?

rikc9

I would try snail mail with a self addressed stamped envelope included.

rikc9

the Bach-man

Dear John,
Give them a call tomorrow- they will FAX or send you a copy. If they can't, I will find one to FAX you.
Have fun!
the Bach-man