WILLIAMS ELECTRIC TRAINS AMTRAK 4 CAR SET NO.2700

Started by GOLD AND DIAMONDS, October 30, 2018, 12:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLD AND DIAMONDS

HELLO EVERYONE, LOOKING FOR SOME HELP TO TRY AND GATHER SOME INFORMATION ON A SET OF CARS I HAVE ACQUIRED. I HAVE AN AMTRAK AMFLEET, 4 CAR SET NO. 2700, IN "O" GAUGE. THESE ARE ALUMINUM CARS, IN THE ORIGINAL BOXES. I AM TRYING TO DETERMINE ACTUAL YEAR(S) OF MANUFACTURE, VALUE ETC. I TRIED TO ATTACH PICTURES BUT IT WOULD NOT ALLOW A PHOTO SAYING EVEN ONE PICTURE WAS TOO LARGE. SO I WILL DESCRIBE THEM AS FOLLOWS, THE CARS ARE 14 3/4 INCHES LONG, HAVE SIX OBLONG WINDOWS AND ONE SMALLER WINDOW ON EACH SIDE AND ALSO HAVE A DOOR ON EACH SIDE AT THE END AS WELL. NONE OF THE DOORS OR WINDOWS OPEN. THEY HAVE THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE AMTRAK STICKERS DOWN EACH SIDE AND HAVE "AMTRAK" IN THE MIDDLE. ALSO DIFFERENT FROM THE MANY BOXES I HAVE SEEN, THESE HAVE NO CLEAR PLASTIC PORTION THAT WOULD ALLOW THE CAR INSIDE TO BE SEEN FOR POSSIBLE DISPLAY. THESE BOXES ARE ALL CARDBOARD, SHOWING PICTURES OF VARIOUS TRAIN SETS WITH THE WORDS "WILLIAMS ELECTRIC TRAINS" ALTERNATING TRAIN PICTURES WITH WORDS.  I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE. THANKS IN ADVANCE.     

Len

To post pictures you have to load them to a photo hosting site, e.g., Photobucket, Flikr, etc., then link the URL of the picture there to your post here using [i m g] [/i m g] tags, without the spaces between letters.

You'll also have a better chance of getting an answer if you post your question in the "Williams by Bachmann" sub-forum.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

trainyardjp

JP, of Acton MA, USA writes,
I have those very cars, myself. I purchased them from an E-Bay auction, and the boxes were included with the cars.
I believe they might have been produced in the early 1990s, as the cars feature 'studs' on the roof, for where a pantograph and decorative horns would go,
and each car would have one cab end, and one car would be equipped with motor trucks, and a direction control unit. Williams used the same car bodies for the 'Metroliner' 4 car Electric Multiple Unit set.

I don't own the 'Metroliner' set, though. I only own the Amfleet cars. But it would not be very difficult to convert a set of Amfleet cars to 'Metroliners'.

As for the boxes, The boxes that the cars were in, were simply white with black outlining, and the Williams Electric Trains logos on all sides and ends. No images of other train sets, though.

Hope some of this info helps.
-JP

trainyardjp

-JP