The End of a Great Model Railroad - The On30 Rio Grande and Pacific

Started by fred lundgren, November 04, 2018, 12:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Toenges

Very sad but time marches on.  I told my wife that hopefully, one of my kids or grandkids or great gandkids will want to "play with my trains".
Feel like a Mogul.

Trainman203

I made full arrangements with my family, and put it in my will, to call a designated party (my modeler friend who has the LHS) to come remove the equipment and the layout.  Every Model railroader needs to do this.  Families very rarely care much about the trains and particularly the layout.  I've heard more than once about the wife, the day after the funeral, having the the layout sawed up and thrown out along with the trains (including brass steam engines) in trash bags.  The next day the contractor went in to renovate the space into a "sewing room."

Terry Toenges

I don't have any "train" friends around here.  There aren't any railroad clubs or train stores anyway near where I live. Even if there were, I'm into oldy wild Westy type stuff and not into diesels.
Feel like a Mogul.

Terry Toenges

Feel like a Mogul.

Trainman203

I've saved almost all the packaging my stuff came in.  My friend knows where it all is, and there's a lot of it.  He can get it all
packed up in a day or two.  Plus , the present layout is designed to be taken apart and he knows how.  Most of everything will be saved.