HenryBlue's 5 009 Skarloey engines

Started by HenryBlue, December 14, 2007, 01:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex wittman

its alright. just remember don't ask those kinds of questions, i have tried and henry blue got mad at me

The Chaz Storm

I think he will be even more mad if you guys keep on getting off topic like this...

BOT

Corrie Thompson

As I said Henryblue those are some good models you got there. :)  Maby I will make some like them when I get my Thomas layout running. :D

The Chaz Storm

I agree, it would be an honor to have narrow gauge engines like those on my model railway, or anyone's model railway for that one. ;)

HenryBlue

I really remember anyone asking, I partally made Rheneas and Peter Sam myself since parts fromt he kit were missing, for example, Rheneas' whole boiler :P

Sir Handel is kinda the same, the cab was a flat brass sheet and you have
to cut them out and bend the objects to shape yourself.

So theres alot more work to do dispite the kit, Rheneas' parts are from a Dolgoch GEM kit, Sir Handel from a Corris No.3 Rodney Stenning Kit, and Peter Sam from urm, I cant remember nwo its been over a Year Ive had him :P

Spammers and complainers:
I do not cause arguments and im not some sort of child thats crazy, keep yourself to yourself I dont need anyone to hold my hand. Stick on topic and stop being childish by telling me to behave for the sake of it.

Back On Topic now please

Corrie Thompson

Right. ;)  And as I have said those are some great modles. ;)

The Chaz Storm

They sure are and I can't wait to see more models like that in the future! :D

HenryBlue

Heres an update pic on Rheneas, Ive added a hook coupling to Rheneas' front aswell as the pipe detail so now he just has to be called a superdetailed model ;D :

Im having to make a hard desition, painting Rheneas wheels black or keeping them red lol argh its hard. lol

Im waiting to make a start on my RWS Percy, All I really need is the dapol pug valve gear and the saddletank and domes and... 'stuff' and then i Can start. well ive already started, The smokebox Supports are in place aswell as cab nd smokebox and bunker.

ive ordered a GP50 model in n gauge, in other words the chassis i used for my last Mighty Mac and my current Catherine. This time the chassis should be sticking to being used on Mighty Mac, I just hope the scratch build goes well.

I need to get More Catherine's While we are on the subject, because if I do find my Lord Harry model wich i did complete, sorta, i hope wherever it is, its not falling to bits, no-one knows it exists because I didnt get around to taking pictures of it, because my mam 'cleaned' the house about 30 mins after it was done so argh, still stuck in my mind. Lord Harry was powerd by the same chassis as Rusty, a Bachmann 0-6-0 Switcher.

I cant Build all of the Skarloey Engines because my layout trackplan hasnt got much area for them to stay, unless i have the turntable at the back of the shed unpowered and have an engne purched on there all the time to keep the current away from it

I really want to Build Freddie but also Ivo Hugh, I dont know I figured that Ill have to pick one of the two, mind whoever it will be, they wont be made till next year With Skarloey/Duncan.

Acculy Ivo Hugh It is Ill make him as No.7 I like being RWS true forget the sodding TV series  ;D

I got My chassis cut down and waiting for the Tomy harvey to arrive and then have me cut it down, Tomy Harvey Is disgustingly Massive, so Ill just be pinching the crane, smokebox, and cab from it.

Ive orderd A wooden Dennis so Ill have the face ready and waiting when I get the new chassis, wich is won, I just need to send a cheque for it now. basically the same fr both wooden and the chassis, great, at least most of Dennis' body is sitting in my posesion

Last but not least Ill say Ive orderd a wind up Rusty to pinch the face off that For My Own 009 model :P

The Chaz Storm

That's such a terrific picture of Rheneas Henryblue, in fact TBH Rheneas is my favorite model you have made and one of the best ones yet! :D

Also keep up the good work, I am sure the rest of the models will turn out just as grand as the other ones! ;)

Corrie Thompson

Wow very good to hear HenryBlue. :D  Man I wish I was as popular as you. :( 

Hmm... Oh well. :-\

HenryBlue

Its not about being popular, I do these things because I want to do it, I hate crap Modelling And I like things to be correct, Maybe thats why people like me, Knuckles, Clearwaterfan and TheDocter Are well Known, Because We acculy do it and Put effort In.

Mainly Me, Knuckles and TheDocter are doing the Railway Series because we are true fans in other words We Prefer the correct way, How things were meant to Be, How the engines looked, their History, And Trackplans From the books.

Im Modelling Ffarquhar Station (The Station at the end Of Thomas' Branch Line with the 3 sheds and the curved platform) Most of it was built but Things were mesed up in an accident, But It should be In Running Order Again.

Running Locos On the Layout are My RWS Thomas (One With the straight Front), My RWS Percy, GER Livery'd Toby (Blue Sideplates), My Mavis Model and What should be started soon, RWS Daisy In BR Dark Green Livery as In the books.

HenryBlue

Yea, 'cool' is your alternative for 'I cant understand what you are saying' isnt it?  ::)

Educate yourself.  :P

anyway RWS Percy's Progress, Iv gotten Far On My RWS Percy, It just needs cab handrails, valve gears and a paintjob and yeyness, heres a pic couple of Pics:

Corrie Thompson

Good job on the Percy. :o  Looks just like the one out of the book. :o  Since were on the Percy subject, in Devils Tooth what was the thing on Percy's front hook made out of. ???

The Chaz Storm

Nice work Henryblue, it turned out better then I thought, I can't wait to see it is completed! :D