HenryBlue's 5 009 Skarloey engines

Started by HenryBlue, December 14, 2007, 01:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HenryBlue

Of course it would turn out better than you would think, im not the average bachmann fourm/youtube dipstick, im one of the top 3 Thomas modellers around ;D as said by everyone basically :P

Ok then, Ive done the 2nd Layer of Green and painted the buffers Silver and now he looks loads better, could do with a clean up and the bloody valve gears :-/ Trust me he looks alot better infront of you then in pics :D

The Chaz Storm

Henryblue, that is a very beautiful model, buddy! :D  It turned out so perfect that words can't describe it! ;)

HenryBlue

Well Corrie described it :P sorta   ::)

Im still not satisfied with him though, Knuckles says wer are perfectionists who are never satisfied with our work no matter how amaizing it is :P yep hes right lol  ::) lmfao

Corrie Thompson

Looks good.  Has the same face and body style as the one in the book.  Looks so good that it looks even better than my 73 Cub Cadet and man I don't say that all the time.  Well unless it’s a girl at school.  But anyway that’s one good model you has there mate. :D

HenryBlue

Ive Altered the bunker so it fits similarity to the later RWS pics:

max (uk)

Truely amazing

You should have a sort of shop to sell more models like that for big money.

Jock The New Engine

That is so awesome, another great model by HenryBlue! ;D  Hey HenryBlue, sorry for asking but, what are you planning to use for Ivo Hugh's face once you make him? ???  As I said, sorry for asking............
Jock is my favorite engine now, and in my Thomas world, he works on the Skarloey Railway with Frank, Skarloey, Rheneas, etc. since he & Frank are the only Small Railway engines ever made in Ertl diecast.

The Chaz Storm

Man Henryblue the Percy model keeps on getting better and better! :D  Great job!

LastQ6

An excellent job i must say, where do you get all your kits from?

I've modelled 009 at a club, and have found it hard to find some of the kits resembling the Skarloey engines, any ideas as to where i may find them?
Click below to view all my projects in my new blog

http://www.thethomasmodeller.blogspot.com

StanierJack

Quote from: LastQ6 on December 23, 2007, 01:06:37 PM
An excellent job i must say, where do you get all your kits from?

I've modelled 009 at a club, and have found it hard to find some of the kits resembling the Skarloey engines, any ideas as to where i may find them?

GEM do some OO9 Kits. I have their Varikit and HenryBlue's Rheneas was constructed using a GEM Dolgoch. (Without Boiler)

HenryBlue

Yes spoy on, GEM Do some BODY kits for the Talyllyn Locos (engines that the Skarloey engines are based on) They do Douglas (Duncan) and Dolgoch (Rheneas) although the kit i bought had loads of missing parts so i had to create the boiler, smokebox and pipework myself.

Heres a directory to the producers of the kits on the Talyllyn kits

http://www.talyllyn.co.uk/modellers/kits.html

LNER4472

HenryBlue excellent job on the models. I have to say that i couldn't build models as good as you. great job!
LNER4472 Guess who this Engine is. You can see the 2 tenders in a TTTE episode.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

The Skarloey engines are good,but only Rheneas is RWS.The others all have
their TV livery,and I've already told you about my issues with Peter Sam on
MTF. ;) No offense,just a friendly reminder that these aren't exactly top notch.
I've seen Awdry's models,and they look a bit more real,although Peter Sam
could do with smaller pony wheels. :P .Keep up the good work.As for my
narrow gauge stuff,it'll just be the ERTL bodies on matching(possibly bashed
to be so)HO Narrow or N scale wheel bases.It'll probably be very pathetic next
to what your models will look like when finished.You're:
A.REALLY GOOD at this
B.Able to afford actual OO9 stuff. :P