Custom Orders for locomotives without markings

Started by Marcus Elliott, November 11, 2018, 06:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcus Elliott

This is my first post.  I want to design and build a layout and have the rail line GRAND TRUNK SOUTHERN. Is it possible order locomotives with custom markings, or order a locomotive that is blank so that I can paint on my own markings? I will be buying stream locomotives. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

WoundedBear

A can of primer turns any pre-painted locomotive into your blank canvass for a re-paint.

Bachmann might do a custom run for you, if you want 15,000 units.  ;D

Sid

RAM

Some Bachmann locomotive come Painted, Unlettered,  Some time shops have a road name that does not sell and they discount it to get rid of it.  You can strip the paint and repaint it. 
You do not want to just paint over it.  Now if you rr is one that is short of money and it buy used locomotives from other lines, you could just black out the road names and your, like GTS or what ever. 

Flare

I've had good luck removing Bachmann's lettering with Testors' Easy Lift-Off.

https://www.testors.com/product-catalog/testors-brands/model-master/primers-top-coats-thinners-cleaners/paint-and-decal-remover/

Soak one end of a Q-tip in it, then rub the lettering until it dissolves.  Dry the area with the other end.

Won't harm the underlying paint or plastic either.

Marcus Elliott

Thanks to all of you for the responses.  And NO, I don't want to place and order for 15,000 units.  LOL