Help with bachmann electric track switchers.

Started by hi2468, November 14, 2018, 06:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hi2468

Does anybody know how I can get the bachmann track switchers to work on the dcc digital commander?Normally I would hook them up to the accesory knobs on the dc controller that I ran with my main layout but I have switched to dcc.

infamouselijah

There may still be acc knobs, but if not, you may need to buy an accessory terminal for the wall.

Hunt

Quote from: hi2468 on November 14, 2018, 06:46:22 PM
Does anybody know how I can get the bachmann track switchers to work on the dcc digital commander?. . .

You will have to replace the track switches turnouts you have with Bachmann decoder equipped turnouts to use the Bachmann dcc digital commander E-Z Command Control Center, which you have.

Just do what you wrote you would normally do -- Continue to use the accessory AC terminals of the DC model train power pack to power the switch machine in the Bachmann turnouts you have.

Len

Another option if you want to keep using the switches you have with your DCC system is to wire them through a Digitrax DS64. Just set the DS64 to solenoid switch mode and follow the instructions for setting the switch addresses. One DS64 can control up to 4 switches.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Hunt

Using the  Digitrax DS64 is not an option. The Bachmann E-Z Command Control Center cannot send the necessary type DCC  commands to use it.