Hooking up reverse loop using bachman track and turnouts. What do I need to do ?

Started by Cxs21, November 15, 2018, 07:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cxs21

Got bachmann e-z automatic reverse loop command plus 9" insulate gap rail but engine still shuts down when entering the loop . What's wrong? Any suggestions?

Flare

How is your loop set up?

You need two isolated gap track segments to electrically isolate the loop from the main line.

Len

Quote from: Cxs21 on November 15, 2018, 07:44:19 PM
Loop is set up with a bachman e-z automatic reverse loop command, plus 2 -9"insulated gap rails.do I still need to put plastic insulated rails on each end of the loop?

If you have the gapped EZ-Track, and it's set to gap both rails, you shouldn't also need plastic rail joiners. That's the point of the gap sections, to avoid having to try and remove the regular rail joiners to replace them with plastic ones. Also make sure your turnouts are set to not power the frog, as a powered frog can lead to shorts.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Len

Power to the turnout and power to the turnout frog are two different things. Frog power is controlled by a black wire on the bottom of the turnout. It should not be connected.

Len

Bucksco

This may seem like a dumb question but I assume you are aware that the reverse loop module only works for DCC?

Len

DCS is not DCC, it's a proprietory MTH system that has limited DCC compatibility.

Len

Terry Toenges

Feel like a Mogul.