News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann G40 with DCC

Started by Whiz1994, December 04, 2018, 05:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whiz1994

Have the Bachmann DCC diesel that the speaker went bad. Threw it away before I realized the speaker connection on this Bachmann is oversize. I have other speakers, but the speaker connections are loose in the Bachmann fitting. The female socket connection is original factory. I need the oversize male connecting socket. Anyone else aware of this ?

rich1998

The Bachmann pages show this loco as sound value. Usually the diesels have a 28mm speaker. I have some but not Bachmann.
The diagram shows the speaker with what looks like soldered wires. So does the parts list. Usually the wires are soldered to the decoder board.
You should post a photo of what you have.
I did  not see any connectors.
Is this loco from the factory?

Rich

Whiz1994

Rich
Thanks for reply. The Bachmann Factory DCC and sound has a female disconnect about 2" from the speaker. Over time I have always had a disconnect installed between the speaker and it's board connection. Same as do for Headlites for ease of working. Just don't need the speaker and lite wires tied to the body. I have found out, since my post that the male-female connections vary in size depending on source. I just ordered 10 pair from 'eboot' and they are a different size. from the Bachmann and different from what I have been using. I had believed that the miniature 2 wire connections were industry standard in size and could be mixed.
Not So .

rich1998

Ok, sorry, no help here. I have soldered all my installs and never take them apart again.

Rich