News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Turnout Extension Wire

Started by SoundChoice, December 11, 2018, 01:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoundChoice

Trying to locate the Bachmann EZ track turnout green extension wire. The one they sell on Amazon has the wrong connector to the turnout, but correct one to the remotes and it's $15, Thanks, Chuck
I'm retired AF 24 yrs and AF Civilian 21 yrs.  Most of my career I held a highly classified clearance so retired and taking up the HO hobby is a great stress relief.

Len

Not sure what you mean by, "...the wrong connector to the turnout...".

The female connector on the EZ-Track turnout wire plugs onto the male end of the extension, and the female end of the extension connects to the male connection on the turnout controller. Couldn't be simpler.

The extension's not intended for use with other manufacturer's turnouts.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

SoundChoice

On the 10' extension wire I have, it has the correct female connector to the remote, but on the other end it has 3 large prongs that will not plug into the female connector of the turnout.  It should have a lot smaller 3 prong male connector.  Here is the 10' extension wire on Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006KSN3U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I am looking for help in located the correct extension wire, thanks and take care, Chuck
I'm retired AF 24 yrs and AF Civilian 21 yrs.  Most of my career I held a highly classified clearance so retired and taking up the HO hobby is a great stress relief.

Penn1974

If you are using the NS HO turnouts on your layout the Bachmann item 44598 is the correct extension cable. If using as an extra extension the 3 spade male end will fit into the female end . It can be a little tight to insert but I use a small pair of needle nose pliers to make the two connections squeeze tight together.

SoundChoice

Thanks guys for the response, I apologize, the 44598 which I have 2 worked, it was just a really tight fit.  Again, really appreciate all the feedback, Chuck   :-[