News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Sound Systems

Started by mudhen, November 30, 2018, 12:07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudhen

I have always had the best of luck with the installation of Revolution Decoders and Phoenix
sound in my Bachmann K-27's and C-19
I just watched a video of the QSI Titan sound system  ( Bachmann C-19 with QSI Titan ) Check it out.
on Youtube , and I was quite impressed.
The QSI Titan was changed to a QZ-FX
Has anyone tried to install a QSI Titan in one of these Bachmann engines.Preferably the C-19
If you have what was involved in the installation of it.
What did you use for a controller and decoder system, For the QSI Titan.
My questions up front are,
Can a Revolution system and decoder be used, or do I need another control system, ( eg. Air-Wire ).
Can I use my 18.4 volt 6000 mll amp.
Does the speaker need to be changed.What about the Battery charging system and volume control.

Thanks in advance Mudhen

Greg Elmassian

I have always had the best of luck with the installation of Revolution Decoders and Phoenix
sound in my Bachmann K-27's and C-19
I just watched a video of the QSI Titan sound system  ( Bachmann C-19 with QSI Titan ) Check it out.
on Youtube , and I was quite impressed.
The QSI Titan was changed to a QZ-FX
>>>>what is a QZ-FX?

Has anyone tried to install a QSI Titan in one of these Bachmann engines.Preferably the C-19
>>> yep several

If you have what was involved in the installation of it.
>>> seriously, just plug it in, using the proper sound file of course, if you were using track power, since you did not specify... later you talk about batteries, so you would plug it in and disconnect the track pickups... specific wiring depends on the control system you use..

What did you use for a controller and decoder system, For the QSI Titan.
>>NCE and Zimo, I use track power...

My questions up front are,
Can a Revolution system and decoder be used, or do I need another control system, ( eg. Air-Wire ).
>>> the revolution DCC system, or the Air-Wire system will work... several options... pick what you want

Can I use my 18.4 volt 6000 mll amp.
>>> of course

Does the speaker need to be changed.
>>>no

What about the Battery charging system
>>> you wire up the charging system to your preference, most people use a socket that disconnects the battery from the electronics when charging.

and volume control.
>>>> QSI uses F13 and F14 to adjust volume level, plus you can set the mute command to any volume (including zero) plus you can set the master max volume plus you can set the individual volumes of EACH of the 32 sounds.

Greg

Visit my site: lots of tips and techniques: http://www.elmassian.com