News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum 2-10-0 - Comments

Started by rogertra, December 13, 2018, 11:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogertra

What do people think of the Spectrum 2-10-0?

Sound or DC, doesn't matter which.

Any known issues?

Cheers

Gearedenginefreak

I love mine. It is an older model. I bought it used at a swap meet. Lubricated it and ran it on DC for a bit then added a sound decoder. It runs like a champ. Wider radius curves are better for that long wheelbase.  I have not experienced any problems with mine on 22 inch curves.
Tom

VTBob

It's a tank. I got the non-DCC version, but dropped in a T1 decoder for club running.

Rob
R. Montanye
Montanye Models, St. Albans, Vermont

oldline2

I bought 4 of them when they were a fairly new item. I love the Russians and the Bachmann model too. They all run fine and are smooth and slow. I removed all the tender stuff and installed Tsunami's with hardwiring. They sound great and I'm so glad they are on my roster.

oldline2

Trainman203

Beautiful models with a few difficulties.  The DCC motor control cv values aren't set right.  This reduces pulling power considerably.  The chuff rate value is poorly set, as are the overall sound volume balances.  The crossheads can catch on the side rod driver screws.  

Once you get those issues fixed, which should have been taken care of at the factory , you have a fine engine .  I have six of these engines and none of them ran well out of the box.  But once adjusted, you couldn't want a better engine.