Christmas layout going up again

Started by rbryce1, December 19, 2018, 09:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbryce1

First try at a Christmas layout.  Built this a number of years ago, stayed up for the whole year, then took it down.  Had it up a couple of years ago again, and took it back down.  Planning to put it back up again for next Christmas.  Need to repair/upgrade some of the scenery and do some more lighting.  Not modular, made from 3" composite foam/aluminum roof panel.  Light and easy to move, and really sturdy.  Alaska diesels are from Bowser, excursion train is Bachmann and the McKinley Explorer are the optional lighted cars pulled by the Bachmann EM-1.  All DCC with sound.  Winter mountain scenery on the right, winter village in the center, spring car show of the left.  Inside track is flat, middle track has 1" rise in the rear and the outer track has a 2" rise in the rear.

Will see how well the EZ-mate NS track held up.  Stored in A/C conditioned space.  Overall looks in pretty good condition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7f7VUhL7Gs

Terry Toenges

I like the look of your village. Is the train on the mantel static? I love your fireplace. I wish I had one like that.
Feel like a Mogul.

rbryce1